1.17.2011

Down for the Count

I'm down for the count. Today I woke up with a scary cough and I'm now running a fever. I don't get sick often, so I have been analyzing my entire life for the last two weeks to figure out who or what's responsible. I'm not getting answers.


But today made me realize something crucial. I called my husband in the afternoon, asking him to bring home some orange juice - the one liquid I'm convinced has healing powers. So when he got home at 6:30pm, he found me hazy in bed and asked if I'd like a glass. About 15 minutes later, I drug myself out of bed to find out what was wrong. And there, in the kitchen, was my husband hand-juicing 5 oranges for fresh OJ.

Besides that being incredibly sweet and loving, I realized that my husband will support me switching to a raw food diet even when I'm sick. I'm not sure if the Hallelujah Diet recommends a strong support system, but I certainly do. Having parents, spouses, children and friends support your new lifestyle change is imperative. They support you when you are struggling when you reach the "not ANOTHER salad" phase. They'll celebrate your successes and better health.

While my husband probably won't switch to this raw food diet, it's amazing to know that he'll hold me up even when I'm down for the count. Make sure if you are considering this lifestyle that you have identified those that will be there for you.

Now, back to bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment