1.31.2011

Please Don't Kill Me

I am down to the 152lbs hover rate*. I am half way to my goal! I no longer suffer from PPS (Pinchy Pants Syndrome) and I'm relieved to not have to purchase larger clothes. However, I credit this to being sick for 8 days, with little to no appetite during that time. So, I'm halfway there on a technicality!


One of the areas I have been researching recently are the 5 Killer Foods, as listed in the Hallelujah Diet book:

  1. Animal Products
  2. White Flour
  3. White Sugar
  4. Table Salt
  5. Caffeine

According to the Hallelujah Diet, to be successful on the diet, you must avoid these foods completely. For me, the easiest killer foods to avoid is white sugar and table salt. But I'm struggling to get rid of all animal products (although I haven't had any meat for six years, I eat plenty of dairy and eggs), white flour and caffeine.

As I'm researching, I'm finding that there are many resources available that agree with avoiding these 5 Killer Foods. This is encouraging to me. Another comforting fact is that it is possible to gain daily nutrition from a diverse plant-based diet (except for complex B vitamins, which is easy to supplement, and Vitamin D, which we get from sunshine). There is no need to have these 5 Killer Foods in our diets.

So, knowing this, why can't I let go of these foods? I am finding that it is convenience. I am straight up lazy.

Please don't kill me, 5 Killer Foods, because I'm lazy! I sware, I'm trying!!


*Hover rate is my term for the average I weigh throughout the week. Sometimes I would be 1-3lbs over or under any given day depending on what time I weighed myself, what day in my cycle it was and what I ate the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment