3.07.2011

No, I Didn't Quit...

Alright, Doubty McDoubterson, I didn't quit my (nearly) raw, vegan lifestyle. I wasn't ashamed of my failure and therefore avoided blogging. I simply didn't blog!

So, I'm back and I have some announcements!

I purchased a juicer! On recommendation of a friend, I bought a mid-range juicer by Jack LaLanne. Normally priced at $150.00, I got mine for $53.00.

My hover rate* is 147lbs! Some would say that was the fulfillment of my initial goal (I am included in that 'some'). I'm stoked that I lost 10lbs. in 1.5 months.

I'm also happy to announce that I'm about 35% raw and 65% cooked. I have successfully made my morning meal 100% raw by embracing the glorious blended smoothie. Here's the recipe:

1 frozen banana
1 cup fresh blueberries or strawberries
1-2 big chunks of fresh pineapple
1 big handful of spinach
1 tbsp of ground flax seed
1 cup of organic apple juice (or cold, filtered water)

Ingredients -> Blender -> Viola!

The banana gives it a cold, creamy consistency (no need to use yogurt or milk). Plus, I receive a full serving of veggies without even tasting it. It is imperative that you use fresh fruit - none of that canned junk. The apple juice must be organic and can be substituted for cold, filtered water for a 100% raw breakfast.

This smoothie can be pricey (fresh fruit $$$), but it keeps me satisfied all morning and is a nutrient complete meal. On a raw food diet, you have to decide on what you prioritize. And just FYI, our grocery bills are exactly the same, if not a little cheaper than before.

Hooray for not being a quitter!


*Hover rate is my term for the average I weigh throughout the week. Sometimes I would be 1-3lbs over or under any given day depending on what time I weighed myself, what day in my cycle it was and what I ate the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment