4.02.2011

Save 50% on Healthcare Bills!

Hi, my name is Sara. I'm addicted to cooked food.

Pizza is my downfall. I also love pasta and garlic bread. I've managed to keep at arms length my beloved Puffy's, the most divine of all cheese curls.

I have come to realize that my love of cooked food is much more than taste. It connects me to memories. Pizza usually accompanies date nights with the husband. Eating Puffy's remind me of playing Settlers of Catan with our first Lancaster friends, Seth and Steph.

As I continue to research a raw, plant-based diet, I am convinced that here in America, we do not believe food is merely for nourishment. In my case, food is a memory or sometimes comfort on a rainy day. For others, it's a sign of love or maybe an obsession.

What if we changed our thinking and started to view food for what it was originally intended to be - to feed our bodies - would we look different? Would our country's annual healthcare costs be in the trillions of dollars (or better yet, would we be fighting with each other about government healthcare options)? Would the restaurant industry be the highest employer of Americans, after the government? Would we be losing countless adults and children to disease and cancer?

These are issues that I'm currently mulling over in my mind. Am I willing to change my thinking, break my addiction to cooked, "nutrient-dead" food, to save (at least) 50% on my healthcare bills?

Is it worth it?


PS. Good news! Since starting this diet, I have not had ANY digestive issues and I had NO menstrual cramps during the last two periods (amazing for me as I have always suffered monthly from bad cramping). My allergies are still a pain, but no where near what they used to be.

Also, I am completely coffee free. I can't begin to tell you how nice it is to wake up in the morning and not have to worry about getting a nuisance of a headache because I didn't drink coffee early enough. It's an incredibly freeing experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment